Outdoor cooking can be healthy too. Try our seared tuna on the grill — it’s perfect.
This one may not be for everyone. But, it’s the perfect light fare for a hot day or any day. I love a seared tuna steak when it’s cooked to perfection.
Living close to the coast, I am spoiled with access to fresh seafood. And there is nothing like a fresh piece of Bluefin Tuna. Even if you do not have access to a fresh seafood market, typically, you can get high-grade tuna steaks in your local grocery store. Whenever possible, opt for an unfrozen piece of fish.
This one is for all you Flat Top grilling fans. If you do not have a flat top grill, don’t fret, you can still cook delicious seared tuna on cast iron plates (like we do) or a cast iron pan.
Flat Top Seared Tuna
- 1 Bluefin Tuna Steak (8-16 oz)
- Salt & Pepper
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Heat your cast iron flat top cooking surface on High. We want this surface to sizzle when you drip a drop of water on it when you test the surface temp.
- Spray/Oil your cooking surface with Olive Oil
- Take Tuna steak and season with Salt & Pepper to taste and pat the fish in Sesame Seeds on all sides (Top & Bottom.)
- Place on cooking surface and cook for 60 – 90 seconds per side
- Let rest for 10 minutes, slice with a VERY sharp knife & serve
This is a very. very simple cook, but also one that is super impressive for company. If your guests do not like raw fish or sashimi, you can cook the Bluefin Tuna Steak longer to ensure its doneness. Me, I like it as raw as possible in the middle with a nice crust.
That’s it…really, this cook is that easy. It’s all about the heat of your flat top — get it hot and cook it fast. Enjoy!
Shop The GriLled Jawn Store
Be the envy of your Backyard BBQ with limited edition
BBQ Shirts and Craft Beef Jerky