Smoked Cauliflower & Cheese
This New Smoked Cauliflower Recipe May Be The Perfect Keto BBQ Side
Hey all ‘Sides fans out there — we haven’t forgotten you. To date, most of the Grilled Jawn recipes for Backyard BBQ have all been mains. But we all know the main dish does not make up the meal, we need sides — and great sides at that.
Today I decided to try my hand at making a Keto friendly side — smoked cauliflower and cheese. (I am really trying hard not to compare this side to mac & cheese, because it’s not ad it will never be these same.) For the most part it’s pretty simple, but this recipes does have a bunch of steps and kitchen prep before you hit the smoker.
Smoked Cauliflower and Cheese
- One Head Cauliflower
- Cheese of choice (1+ cup)
- Heavy cream (or milk)
- Peppers (Optional)
- Bacon (Optional)
- Wash and cut up cauliflower to bite size pieces
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender
- In a separate sauce pan combine heavy cream and cheese. Season with salt & pepper (or BBQ rub of choice.) Bring to a simmer and blend together. Season to taste.
- Once cauliflower and cheese sauce is done add cauliflower to cast iron pan and add cheese.
- Top with peppers (optional)
- Add additional seasoning. (For this go round we used Meat Church Gospel)
- Place in smoker at 225 degrees
- Smoke for two hours — stirring occasionally (adding additional seasoning if desired)
- When cauliflower and cheese are blended to your liking — remove, top with bacon crumbles
- Serve and enjoy this delicious smoked cauliflower dish.
This is a great recipe to add to any meal or to match a large batch and keep throughout the week, This recipe is 100% keto friendly for those of you who adhere to that lifestyle. And for those of you that don’t — it’s a great veggie side. Enjoy!