BBQ Chicken Thighs Are DelIcious
Oh Man, BBQ Chicken Thighs, when cooked right, are one of the best things at the BBQ.
I admit it, I was a Chicken Breast person. I don’t know what it was about it that made me that way. Maybe it was everyone saying how healthy Chicken Breasts are or maybe it was something else. But now all that has changed…and I realize BBQ Chicken Thighs are AMAZING.
When you get down to the Chicken Breast vs. Chicken Thigh Debate, they contain a lot of protein, but the Thigh typically has a couple more grams of fat. And if you know anything about BBQ, Fat equals flavor. From my Backyard BBQ Experience meats with a little more fat are more forgiving, which makes them a little easier to cook.
BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 1lb Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Seasoning
- BBQ Sauce (Optional)
- Place Chicken Thighs on a cutting board and trim off any excess fat. Using a sharp boning knife shape the chicken breast as best as you can. The more uniform the thighs are the more evenly they will cook.
- Liberally season the Thighs. For this cook we used Blues Hog Sweet & Savory Rub.
- Set your grill up for two-zone indirect cooking and heat to medium-high
- Once grill is at temp grill the thighs over direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side
- Remove from direct heat and place the chicken over your indirect heat
- Grill for approximately 15 minutes per side
- Remove the BBQ Chicken Thighs from grill at an internal temp of 170°
- If you plan on grilling with sauce – remove chicken from gill paint with sauce and put back on for 2 minutes per side. (Don’t worry you will not overcook your chicken.)
- Let rest for 15 minutes and serve
Chicken Thighs are nothing but delicious. Cooking up a nice batch of thighs is a great way to meal prep for the week or add some great flavor to the BBQ. If you are like us, and are bored of Grilled Chicken, come to the darkside and Grill a batch of delicious Thighs. You may never look back! Cheers!!!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.