For the longest time the simple act of grilling chicken (or burgers) has been the bane of my existence. Ok, that’s a bit dramatic, but I never liked grilling chicken — but now we enjoy The Best Grilled Chicken.
Grilled chicken is the most versatile thing ever and should always be in your fridge. Chicken on the grill is perfect for weekly meal prep, sandwiches, dinners, salads, and the list goes on.
For years when I grilled chicken it ended up dry and tasteless and that’s not fun or delicious. Now that I learned a better way we know how easy it is to make grilled chicken delicious. (Or as I like to say, the best grilled chicken ever.)
The Best Grilled Chicken
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Seasoning (or spices)
- Defrost chicken breasts if frozen and butterfly each (This makes them a little thinner and allows them to cook more evenly.)
- Season your chicken on a cutting board or plate. (For the above images we used Meat Church’s Holy Voodoo)
- Heat grill to high — roughly 400 degrees
- Clean grill grates and oil with olive oil or spray
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 minutes (Do not move the chicken once on the heat — just leave it alone.)
- Flip chicken and grill for another 6 minutes
- Remove from grill and allow to to rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve
Once you grill boneless chicken breasts this way you will never do it any other way. It sounds so simple, but until someone showed me that the trick is in the high heat and oiled grates I was lost.
Give it a go and enjoy some Grilled Chicken!