Now, for something a little different. We love Garlic Butter Shrimp and while we were in the backyard firing up a couple of other things — we said why not? Let’s fire up some shrimp in the smoker.
This was such an easy quick appetizer I can’t believe we have not smoked shrimp sooner. 60 minutes at 225 is all it took — which is nice since most other smoking recipes take at least 2+ hours. Anyway…here’s how to make it happen.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp (Cleaned and Deveined)
- Minced Garlic
- White Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Aluminum Tin
- Add shrimp to tin
- Add butter to top of shrimp
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Add minced garlic and white wine
- Pre-heat smoker to 225 and put the tin on middle rack
- After 30 minutes stir shrimp and combine all ingredients
- Check in on the shrimp after 30 more minutes. You will know when the shrimp is done cooking when it is pink in color.
- Remove, squeeze juice from one lemon and get ready to serve.
OPTIONAL: Once out of the smoker we added a little flour to the tin to thicken up the juice left from the smoker. (h/t Zoe Burger for letting us know we omitted this step from the original post.)
We made this with ingredients we had in the house. Alli was able to throw this together with ease and it was delicious! Give this one a shot, mix it up, improvise and let us know what you think,