Who likes Beef Jerky? Everyone. Who hates overpaying for Beef Jerky? Everyone.
The answer: Homemade Beef Jerky.
Homemade Beef Jerky is so easy to make and once you make your own beef jerky you will never want to settle for bagged store-bought jerky that tastes like leather.
How To Make Homemade Beef Jerky
This process is easy and since we are keep it simple people – we plan on doing just that, keeping things very simple.
When we make Homemade Beef Jerky we use a simple dehydrator and a quality cut of meat. Our cut is typically Top Round, which we get from our local butcher Lombardi’s Prime Meats in South Philly. Trust me, go to a butcher, and let them help you select what cut is best for you. Also, it’s important to get a cut of meat that is not too lean. Meats like Flank steak make for very tough jerky.
We Now Sell Grilled Jawn Jerky!
Don’t miss out on our craft jerky made in our kitchen and delivered to your home.
Trust The Process
Homemade Beef Jerky
- Choice of Meat (as described above)
- Select your cut of meat (as described above.)
- Slice the meat to the size of jerky you like. Always slice against the grain to ensure a tender piece of jerky.
- We like dry rubbed jerky, so find yourself a good BBQ rub. Place your sliced meat in a glass bowl and liberally spread the rub on the meat.
- Place the seasoned meat in the dehydrator on racks with decent spacing.
- Let the dehydrator run for 5-6 hours until the beef jerky is dry but tender.
Once you remove your beef jerky, store in an air tight container. Since this version of homemade beef jerky has no preservatives, it’s important to store properly.
And there it is…as simple as that. Give it a go and let us know what you think. One thing for certain is you will never want store bought beef jerky again.
EDITORS NOTE: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means that we get paid a small commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. If you make a purchase, you’ll pay the same price whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website without using an affiliate link. The above mentioned items are all items we actually use as you can tell by the photos.
When you use an affiliate links, you help support this website and the content we share. The Gilled Jawn team sincerely appreciates your support.