Everyone loves good tug off the bone ribs. Check out our slow and low 321 rib recipe. It will be a hit.
Everyone has a way to smoke ribs. I know there’s a debate about the best way or right way to get great smoked ribs. And the 3 21 Ribs Method is prevalent and even a point of contention for most pitmasters.
Over the weekend, we broke in our new Pit Boss Copperhead Vertical Smoker with some 3 2 1 Ribs. But, rather than going traditional, we followed the Harry Soo (Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ) amended method.
Harry Soo’s 321 Ribs
321 Ribs – Easy & Delicious
- Spare Ribs
- BBQ Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare ribs as normal by removing the membrane, trimming and seasoning with your favorite rubs. (This is all the same for any rib prep)
- Heat your smoker to 185 – 200 and place ribs in the smoker for three hours
- Spritz ribs every 30 minutes. I use an Apple Cider Vinegar and Water mix
- After three hours remove ribs. Place on two sheets of aluminum foil with butter and your rub and wrap tight. Place back on the smoker for two hours at 225.
- After two hours are up remove the foiled ribs and paint your ribs a sauce of your choice and put back in the smoker for one hour at 200.
- When time is up, pull the ribs and let them sit for 30 minutes before cutting.
These 321 ribs will be a perfect tug-off the bone juicy delight. It’s pretty simple and fool proof. The difference between this method and the traditional Ribs method is cooking at a slightly lower temperature than normal. The lower temps helps to not overcook the ribs — trust me it works.
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.