We love BBQ Sauce. Why have a bunch of bottles of store purchased sugary junk, when you can make some quick homemade BBQ sauce.
With three core ingredients you can flavor your sauce however you and yours desire. Here’s what we typically do for our basic all-purpose BBQ sauce.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Seasoning and Spices To Taste
- Grab Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, and Apple Cider Vinegar. Stick with this ratio to start the sauce: 3 parts Ketchup, 1 part Worcestershire Sauce, and 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar in a sauce pan.
- Turn stove on low
- Combine ingredients and stir until your desired consistency
- Add other spices to flavor the sauce base. I like a mix of garlic and chili powder. If you want a sweet sauce add a little brown sugar. Keep adding and tasting until you get what you want.
- Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes on low and then let cool
- Serve the sauce on ribs, pork, chicken or whatever you please
Homemade BBQ Sauce is really that simple and easy to make. Trust the Jawnshons — once you get this down pat — you will never buy store sauce again.