Simple, Easy…whatever, this charcoal Grilled Chicken Recipe is delicious (and foolproof)
For the longest time, I dreaded grilling chicken breasts. I don’t know what it was about chicken breasts, but mine always came out too dry and overcooked. Now, that is no longer the case.
This simple foolproof recipe will help you with the best charcoal grilled chicken breasts ever.
Charcoal Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 2lb Boneless Chicken Breasts (approx 1/4″ thick)
- BBQ Seasoning of Choice (We uses Kosmos BBQ SPG)
- Set up your charcoal grill for two-zone indirect cooking
- Liberally season your chicken breasts
- Let the grill get nice and hot (around 450°)
- Place the chicken on the grill grate spread out evenly on the cool side of the grill
- Cook for 6 minutes and flip
- Cook the second side for 5 minutes and then move the chicken closer to the heat source for 1 min
- Remove the chicken from the grill when it reaches an Internal Temp of 165°
- Let the chicken breasts rest for 5-10 minutes and serve
Charcoal grilled chicken has that distinct flavor that gas grills miss — I mean, there’s just something about cooking over charcoal that makes things better. If you follow this method you will have nice juicy seasoned chicken breasts that are great for mains, salads, sandwiches or anything else. Keep the fire hot, and keep track of your time — and that’s it! Enjoy.
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.