I love Santa Maria Tri Tip. I have to say that It is one of my favorite cuts of meat to grill. And there’s no better way to cook it than on a Santa Maria grill.
This recipe is sure to impress your family and friends at your next backyard BBQ. If you don’t have a dedicated Santa Maria grill, no worries! You can still cook a delicious tri-tip steak using a Weber Kettle grill with a Titan Outdoors Santa Maria attachment.
This is one that you want to cook over and over to perfection.
Santa Maria Tri Tip
- 1 Tri-tip steak (approximately 2-3 pounds)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Red oak wood chunks
- Set up your Weber Kettle grill for indirect heat by placing charcoal on one side of the grill and leaving the other side empty.
- While the grill is heating up, prepare the tri-tip by trimming any excess fat and seasoning it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Once the grill has reached the desired temperature, add the red oak wood chunks to the charcoal. This will add a smoky flavor to the meat. (NOTE: You will control the temperature by raising and lowering the grate as needed)
- Place the tri-tip on the grill grates.
- Cook the tri-tip for 15 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare. Flipping every 15 minutes.
- During the cooking process, baste the tri-tip with olive oil every 5 minutes. This will keep the meat moist and tender.
- Once the tri-tip has reached the desired internal temperature, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, slice the tri-tip against the grain and serve with your favorite BBQ sides
By using a Weber Kettle grill with a Titan Outdoors Santa Maria attachment, you can achieve the same great results as a dedicated Santa Maria grill. So, get grilling and enjoy the delicious flavor of tri-tip steak cooked to perfection!
Don’t Leave Empty Handed — Get The Goods!
PITMASTER LOCAL Shirts — Customize With Your Area Code$24.95 – $29.95
American Flag Grilling Tools$19.95 – $24.95
Support Your Local Grillmaster$19.95 – $24.95
Brisket Butts Ribs Freedom Grilling Shirt$19.95 – $24.95