Smoked Beer Can Chicken is a great way to feed the whole family on a weekend, or to use for meal prep for an upcoming busy week.
Most things we do around here is easy, but this one may be the simplest of all grill/smoker recipes. With just a whole chicken, some rub, a couple cans of beer, and a beer can holder you are ready to make this crowd pleaser.
Smoked Beer Can Chicken
- Whole Chicken
- Seasoning / Rub
- Can of Beer
- Take a whole chicken, remove the inners and neck and wash under cold water and pat dry
- Liberally season your bird with your desired flavor profile. For the above cooking we used our simple Grilled Jawn BBQ rub.
- Open a can of beer, drink (or pour out ) half. With a can opener open up the top of the can and pour some seasoning in the car. Place can of beer in a beer can chicken holder and place the chicken over the beer can.
- Heat smoker to 250 degrees, place chicken on smoker rack with meat thermometer in the breast of your chicken.
- After about two hours, depending on the size of the chicken the internal temp should reach 120-130 degrees. Crank smoker to 350 for the rest of the cook until the chicken reached 165 and remove from the smoker.
- CAUTION: The beer can and beer can holder will be very hot, so carefully remove the chicken from the holder and let rest on a cutting board for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and ENJOY!
If you follow these steps you will have a smoky, juicy, tender bird and be the backyard BBQ hero of the family. Smoked Beer Can Chicken is the best!
EDITORS NOTE: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means that we get paid a small commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. If you make a purchase, you’ll pay the same price whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website without using an affiliate link. The above mentioned items are all items we actually use as you can tell by the photos.
When you use an affiliate links, you help support this website and the content we share. The Gilled Jawn team sincerely appreciates your support.