Pulled chicken is quick and easy in comparison to pulled pork, this is one you have to try.
Today we are planning tomorrow’s tailgate party for a concert in Philadelphia. With summer and East Coast weather being unpredictable, we wanted to prep something lighter for everyone, so Alli came up the plan.
Almost any BBQ Joint you walk into pulled chicken is a menu staple. I am surprised it’s taken us so long to post this recipe. If you are ever looking for a great way, that is pretty time predictable, look no further than Smoked Pulled Chicken.
Smoked Pulled Chicken
- 3 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Favorite Chicken BBQ Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Brine: Salt & Brown Sugar
- 2-3 hours before you are ready to smoke your chicken, take boneless chicken breasts out of packaging and place in a bucket (or pan) of warm water. Add equal parts Salt & Brown Sugar stir and cover. Let sit for 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine solution liberally season with your favorite poultry rub. For this cook we used White Bull’s BBQ Bird Gang.
- Pre-heat smoker to 250°
- Place seasoned chicken in disposable aluminum pan
- Smoke at 250° to 45 minutes and then add 3T Chicken Broth to pan
- Continue cooking chicken until all pieced reach an internal temp of 165°
- Remove from smoker cover aluminum pan and let rest for 30-45 min.
- Using tongs, Bear Claws or a fork pull the chicken to your desired texture / size
- Serve and Enjoy!
One of the reasons I like this cook is because chicken breasts are predictable. Brining aside, the cook took 90 minutes for 3 lbs of boneless chicken breasts to cook to a safe IT of 165°.
Pulled Chicken is amazing. The next time you are short on time, or want to time out a cook for entertaining — check this one out. You will love it. Cheers!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.