Fire it up. Grilling season is getting into full swing so, LFG.
Who does not love a good Pork Chop. And, to add to that, who doesn’t love reverse seared pork chops cooked to perfection. Pork chops over charcoal are just different. Better. These pork chops are so juicy and delicious — you will want to make them a part of your weekly backyard grilling recipes.
The secret to a good Pork chop is all in the sear. Learn how to do Reverse Seared Pork Chops and become a Backyard BBQ star.
Reverse Seared Pork Chops
- Thick Cut Pork Chops (We used Bone-on Berkshire Pork Chops 1 1/2″ thick)
- BBQ Seasoning
- Get your charcoal ready. Once ready set-up your grill for two zone indirect cooking. For this cook we used our Vortex. If you don’t have one, get one — The Vortex makes everything better.
- Lightly season your chops. We dusted these with Blues Hog Sweet & Savory but you can use anything that works well with pork.
- Place your chops direcly over the Vortex flame for 90 seconds. After 90 seconds turn the chop 45° for 45 seconds. This gives the chop some good grilled lines for the reverse sear.
- Flip the Pork Chop and repeat Step 2.
- When time is up flip the Pork Chop and move to the outside of the grill or the cool cooking zone. Cover the grill and let it go 8 minutes.
- Flip the Chop and cook another 7-8 minutes.
- When the meat reaches 140-145° remove from the grill and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Let the Reverse Seared Pork Chop rest for 10 minutes and serve.
Do yourself a favor — let the meat rest. Resting the meat ensures all the juices and flavors stay within the cooked meat. I don’t care who is hungry, who is yelling that they’re hungry, or anything else — let the meat rest before serving.
Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the Pork Chop, so be wise and adjust accordingly. ENJOY this easy Reverse Seared Pork Chops!
Backyard BBQ SHirts & Gifts For Everyone
PITMASTER LOCAL Shirts — Customize With Your Area Code$24.95 – $29.95
Support Your Local Pitmaster Smoke ‘Em Shirt$27.95 – $41.95
American Flag Grilling Tools$19.95 – $24.95
Brisket Butts Ribs Freedom Grilling Shirt$19.95 – $24.95