For the Best Cornbread ever — add some jalapenos!
It’s time to take your BBQ to the next level with the best cornbread ever. Sometimes it’s the little things that make the meal. Too often we only focus on the mains. To me it takes well rounded sides to elevate any backyard BBQ experience to the next level.
I like a little spice from time to time. Mind you, I am not one of those “Give me all the heat” people, but when appropriate some heat is nice. If you introduce diced jalapenos into your corn bread batter you can add a little heat to your side, without killing anyone.
- 1 Box Krusteaz Honey Cornbread Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 Jalapenos
- Olive Oil
- Dice and clean two (2) jalapeno peppers [Remember the heat of the pepper comes from the seeds and veins, so clean accordingly]
- In a mixing bowl combine 2/3 cup milk and 1/3 cup olive oil
- Add Krusteaz Cornbread Mix and mix into a batter
- Fold in diced jalapeno peppers
- Pour batter into a lightly greased bread pan or tin
- Pre-heat oven or smoker to 375 degrees F
- Bake / Smoke for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown [Note test the cornbread with a toothpick to ensure doneness]
- Let cool for 10 minutes — Slice & Serve
This is easy. Like, really easy. Jalapeno cornbread is the perfect compliment for Texas Chili, Brisket, or any Smoked Chicken meals. Like I said, when you elevate your sides, you take your meal from good to great. If you want happy guests serve them some Jalapeno cornbread.
Shop The GriLled Jawn Store
Be the envy of your Backyard BBQ with limited edition
BBQ Shirts and Craft Beef Jerky