Chicken Meatloaf is amazing for any occasion and a sure hit.
In our household we absolutely love meatloaf. Meatloaf is a great main for any event or occasion. This time around, Alli wanted to try something different and smoke a chicken meatloaf. (Also, why not, it’s a great healthy alternative to ground beef if you need a change.)
This recipe is very similar to our regular smoked meatloaf, with just a few tweaks. (As always feel free to make recipe changes as per your tastes.)
Smoked Chicken Meatloaf
- 2lb Ground Chicken
- 1lb Chicken Sausage
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl add ground chicken & chicken sausage in a 2:1 ratio, plus one egg
- Season with Salt & Pepper and mix in minced garlic
- Add 1 cup breadcrumbs and hand mix
- Line a traditional meatloaf pan with saran wrap and make your meatloaf in tin
- Place prepared meatloaf in refrigerator for at least two hours
- Pre-heat smoke to 250 degrees
- Remove meatloaf from ‘fridge and pull the saran wrap out of the tin and flip on to cutting board. This ensures your chicken meatloaf keeps it’s shape and it’s easy to get out of the meatloaf tin.
- Season all sides of the loaf with BBQ seasoning of choice (We used The BBQ Spot Rub Some Chicken)
- Place in smoker and smoke to 165 degrees – spritzing with water or a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar (This will take about 2.5 hours)
- Remove from smoker and rest for 10-15 min – Slice & Serve
If you are into meal prep and fitness, you know there’s nothing better than having food in the refrigerator. This recipe is easy, and makes for a great main dish for every occasion.
Give this one a try if you want to mix it up and eat something delicious. This one is a sure fire hit!