Nothing says summer more that grilled sausage and Peppers on a roll.
Summertime is here, and grill season is in full swing. Growing up on the East Coast, I know how great Grilled Sausage and Peppers are on a hot day. This is one of those cooks you can do on a Weber Kettle or like we did yesterday on our Gas Grill.
I love Low and Slow BBQ, I love using our Pit Boss Vertical Smoker — but there will always be a place at my Backyard BBQ for a nice Hot and Fast cook.
Hot and Fast Grilling is perfect when you are short on time and still want to cook out, but the cards are stacked against you for one reason or another.
This is a no-brainer cook. Follow this simple recipe and let the ingredients speak for themself.
Grilled Sausage and Peppers
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (Preferably from a butcher – not frozen)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Peppers
- Fresh Rolls (The fresher the better. We love Del Buonos!)
- Slice onion and peppers to the size and consistency you like on your sandwiches
- Spray cooking oil on a sheet of tin foil and place all vegetables on sheet. Add 1 T butter and fold into a sealed packet for the grill.
- Set your grill up for direct heat cooking and pre-heat to high
- Place foil packet on grill
- If you use coiled sausage from the butcher cut into links that are the appropriate size for your rolls. (If they are already cut skip to Step 6)
- Place sausage on hot grill and cook for approx 7 minutes and then flip and cook for another 5 minutes
- Remove all items from grill. Unwrap Pepper and Onion foil packs. Let everything rest for 10 minutes
- Assemble sandwich and ENJOY!
Growing up this was a staple at every family cookout and Backyard BBQ. We are fortunate enough to live close to a local butcher with reasonable prices. If you can, go for freshly made Italian Sausage and grill within a day or so.
This is one of those cooks that everyone loves and looks forward to all Summer long. Cheers!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.