Pig Shots are an amazing finger food and perfect for gameday, tailgate parties, or any other time when you want a little extra something on your plate.
Originally, I was going to follow the Meat Church Pig Shot video, but I decided to give it a bit of a twist for my own liking. If you compare Matt Pitman’s recipe and ours you will see the subtle difference.
Long story short The Grilled Jawn Pig Shots is a version of bacon wrapped cream cheese goodness.
- Cream Cheese
- Kielbasa (or any linked sausage)
- In a mixing bowl dump in your cream cheese and whatever you want to flavor your cream cheese with. For this version we diced some green onions and folded in the cream cheese with some spicy Tabasco jelly we found at our local grocery store.
- Take one link of sausage and cut into disks. Cut wide enough to enough for a toothpick to slide in the meat upon assembly. For this version we used Kielbasa.
- Slice a jalapeno into disks.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap around the sausage. Depending on the size of your bacon slice you may need to slice the bacon a little. You want it to overlap, but not wrap around multiple times. Toothpick the bacon into the sausage.
- Place jalapeno into the bacon cup (for lack of a better term.)
- Fill with your cream cheese mixture.
- Pre-heat your smoker to 300 and get some good smoke rolling. For this recipe we used Apple pellets in our Pit Boss Copperhead.
- Smoke for about 90 minutes or until your bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Pull out toothpick and EAT!
I am not going to lie, assembling the bacon cups can be a pain in the ass. If you are going to make this for a large party or a parking lot get together, we strongly advise you to prep all the Pig Shot ahead of time in your kitchen.
As always, this recipe is simple and delicious! Enjoy!