Seafood Made Easy: How To Grill Clams
Once you learn how to grill clams it will be a staple for every Backyard BBQ and event.
Sometimes Cooking Seafood can be daunting. But once you get a couple of reps, you will see that grilling seafood is easy. Every Backyard BBQ enthusiast needs to know how to grill clams — to mix up the regular meats and BBQ Sides.
I know I have said it before, and here we are are — me repeating it, but grilling clams may be the easiest of all recipes on this site. But, seriously, I do not think there is anything easier.
Learning How To Grill Clams is a quick one, so let’s jump to it.
How To Grill Clams
- 2 or More Dozen Little Neck Clams (You can use any clams for this recipe)
- 2 T Butter
- 1 Lemon
- Setup your grill for direct heat and get it hot. For this cook it does not matter if you use a Gas Grill (like we did) or a Charcoal Grill — the grill just needs to be very hot.
- Place a colander in your sink and rinse your clams for 5-10 minutes. You want to rinse the clams until you see a sandy sediment in your colander or sink. (No one wants to bite a gritty clam.)
- Take clams on place on grill grate and close the lid.
- After 5-7 minutes the clams will begin to open
- Once the clam shell is open it is done. Remove done clams from hot grill and place in serving dish or pan
- Continue cooking until all clams are open
- NOTE: If after 20 minutes a clam does NOT open throw it away. DO NOT EAT CLAMS THE DON’T OPEN because they may be bad.
- Melt 2T butter and juice of lemon and serve
There it is — how to grill clams. It is really as east as the above steps and will elevate any Backyard BBQ. In my opinion, the biggest thing to remember is step 7.
Now, take it from here and have yourself a great summer!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.