Smoked Chuck Roast is one of my favorite cooks. Learn how to Smoke Chuck Roast like a Roast – how it is meant to be done.
Smoke this like a brisket or that like a brisket is all well and good. You can definitely smoke Chuck Roast like a brisket, but you can also smoke it as it intended — like a Chuck Roast.
Coming from the Cow’s upper shoulder and lower neck, the Chuck Roast is a great cut of meat for stew, pot roasts, Texas Chili or grilled or broiled as a steak. But how about grabbing a nice slab of Chuck from your local butcher and throwing it on your Smoker for a couple of hours slow and low.
Smoked Chuck Roast
- 3lb Chuck Roast (or any size)
- BBQ Seasoning
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Get your smoke rolling at 225°
- Remove Chuck Roast from the refrigerator and wrapping and allow the meat to come to (or near) room temp
- Liberally season your Chuck Roast with BBQ Rub of choice. (We used Terry Black’s Beef Rub for this cook)
- Place Chuck Roast in the smoker and let it do it’s thing…
- Spritz with a combo of Apple Cider Vinegar and Water every 45 minutes
- Cook to Internal Temp of 150° (3 hours for a 3lb cut)
- Take out of smoker and wrap in foil or pink butcher paper and allow to rest in a cooler for 45 min
- Slice (against the grain) and Serve!
This is one of the most requested recipes on all the BBQ Facebook Groups I belong. Smoked Chuck Roast is easy and delicious. We will use this cook for dinner, sandwiches, tacos and maybe even nachos. Don’t think that you have to smoke every piece of meat like a brisket. While, yes, that is delicious, some things should be cooked as intended. Enjoy!!!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.