If you like fish, you have to try Cedar Plank Salmon on your grill.
I love grilling fish. Fish on the grill is one of our favorite meals in the warm weather. This is maybe the easiest of all the fish to grill. Salmon is forgiving and when you cook it on Cedar Planks two things happen: 1) You get the great taste from the wood and 2) you do not have to worry about the fish sticking to the grill grates. Master this simple recipe, and you have a new go-to fish recipe.
Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 4 oz Salmon Filet (a good rule of thumb is 4-6 oz per person)
- Cedar Planks
- Take Cedar Planks out from packaging and soak for 30-45 minutes (Longer if possible – this prevents the planks from catching fire)
- Season Salmon to taste. This is subjective and use a typical BBQ rub or even just Salt & Pepper.
- Heat to Grill to high
- Place wet cedar planks on hot grill
- Place Salmon on Cedar Plank and Grill for 12-14 min until fish is flaky
- Remove, Serve & Enjoy!
If your Salmon is skinned you only need to season the meat of the fish, but if you are grilling skinned filets you can season both sides. Cedar Plank Salmon does NOT need to be flipped. (In fact, don’t touch it at all — just let it cook.
This is a great way to eat healthy and diversify your Backyard BBQ game. Cheers!