Oh man, this one was too good not to share right away. Everyone loves bacon, everyone loves pork belly, and universally everyone loves brisket. Now, thanks to Dayne’s Craft BBQ — everyone will love pork belly brisket. (Shout out Dayne!)
Pork Belly Brisket
- 2 lb Pork Belly
- Seasoning / Rub
- Grab a boneless skinless pork belly. It’s ok if you need to remove the skin and actually quite easy.
- Trim off excess silver skin and prepare into a rectangle piece of meat. This ensures the pork belly cooks evenly.
- Heat smoker to 275
- Season the pork belly liberally with a Pepper based rub and then go back for a second heaping of an all-purpose rub. We used Meat Church Holy Cow and Gospel for this cook.
- Cook until probe tender 205
- Rest for 10 minutes and slice!
- ENJOY this peppery bacon pork belly delight!
This was not a particularly hard cook. Like other cooks, when you have to take anything to 200 degrees it requires a boatload of patience. Let it go all the way to 200 and you will not regret waiting another 30 minutes for do so.
I love pork belly and I love Texas BBQ. This is the perfect crossroads of the both! Fire it up and Enjoy some Pork Belly Brisket!