It’s all about Jalapeno Poppers
Call them what you will Jalapeno Poppers, Texas Twinkies, or Stuffed Jalapenos — they are a great addition to any meal or backyard BBQ.
Like most things this one starts with great ingredients. To make these great, find the biggest and freshest peppers you can find. You will not regret it.
Also, we made these the same day we smoked cream cheese. If you have smoked cream cheese available, we highly advise using it. (Next level stuff.)
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Cream Cheese (Smoke if possible)
- Diced Meat (if desired)
- Shredded Cheese
- Get the smoker up to 275-300
- Wash and clean the insides of the jalapenos. Slice off the tops of the peppers and remove seeds and veins. (All the heat from the pepper comes from seeds and veins — remove to your desired heat level.)
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the pepper (Use the above photo as reference.)
- Make a mixture of cream cheese, meat if desired (you can use brisket or chuck or whatever you like) and shredded cheese — combine into a filling
- Take filling and stuff peppers
- Wrap stuffed pepper with bacon
- Place peppers in aluminum tray and place in smoker
- Smoke for 3 hours or until the bacon is crispy
- Once you get close to the desired bacon crispness take smoker or grill to 350 for 10 more minutes
- Plate and serve your jalapeno poppers
The Best Jalapenos Ever
There will not be a finite timing for this cook. The peppers are ready to serve once the bacon is done to your liking, so time may vary from cook to cook.
I have made these numerous times and they have never disappointed — most times, they are gone once they hit the table. Grab ’em fast and enjoy!
Grilled Jawn Backyard BBQ Grill Guide
See what’s in our Backyard and the what we use to cook.