I think it’s safe to say, that everyone like pork belly. When cooked correctly, pork belly is delicious and an amazing addition to any dish. But, Smoked Pork Belly is truly next level.
Previously, we Smoked Pork Belly like a brisket, but with these easy steps you can make a more traditional version of this delicacy.
Smoked Pork Belly
- 2 lb Pork Belly
- Pork Seasoning (We used Meat Church Gospel)
- Remove the top layer of skin from your pork belly
- Pre-heat smoker to 250 degrees
- Season Pork Belly with seasoning of choice – making sure you hit all sides
- Smoke at 250 to 160 degrees internal temp
- When close to 160 — pre-heat grill or oven to 400
- Grill pork belly 3 minutes per side (or 5-7 min per side in oven)
** Watch the pork belly on the grill to make sure you do not get any grease flares. We recommend grilling with the top open **
- Let rest, Slice and Enjoy
One of the best things about our Grilled Jawn recipes is we keep it simple. This cook is about as simple as it gets. As always, start with a quality cut of meat whenever possible, we suggest seeking out your local butcher to get the best pork belly.